BLIX Consultancy has opened an office in Seoul, South-Korea, which is the second branch office for the Netherlands based consultancy firm in the Asia Pacific region. Following the opening of the Taiwan branch office in 2020, the new office in South-Korea will mainly support the booming local offshore wind market.
Offshore wind is picking up momentum in Korea, especially since the New Green Deal announced by the Korean government in July of 2020. The Offshore Wind Collaboration Plan launched shortly after set a target of 12 GW of offshore wind by 2030.
BLIX has reached an agreement with Mike Cholmin An and Charlie Cheolwoo An, who will become the directors of BLIX Korea. Besides acting as local representatives of BLIX, Charlie and Mike will be supporting our clients and partners in Korea with consultancy services at senior level. Last year BLIX has acquired its first South-Korean project for an undisclosed client and is offering for many more at the moment.
Charlie Cheolwoo An: “Korea has been developing the renewable energy sector in line with the global energy transition paradigm, and the upcoming decade is more important than ever especially for the offshore wind sector. Korea has a lot of experiences in construction and has a strong competitive edge in infrastructure projects with high levels of difficulty. With this DNA, Korea is expected to be a success in the offshore wind power business. BLIX Consultancy will be the best partner for Korean clients by reducing the risk and guiding them to success of the projects.”
Mike Cholmin An: “I am very happy to introduce BLIX Consultancy to the Korean market. Now there are many offshore wind projects in Korea with ‘Green New Deal policy’ therefore the right project management is more important than ever. BLIX Consultancy’s expert team will be a great advisor and a partner to Korean customers and lead the project to a success.”
BLIX Consultancy has over 12 years of experience in onshore and offshore wind energy and solar projects, during which it helped to realise more than 20 GW of green energy. Headquartered in Utrecht, the Netherlands, BLIX Consultancy has an extensive track-record of offshore and onshore wind projects worldwide, among which is the 1044 MW Hai Long offshore wind farm project off the coast of Taiwan.
Managing directors and Roeland Steenhuis and Albert van der Hem: “We have been working with Charlie and Mike since 2019 and are impressed with their knowledge of the offshore wind market in South-Korea as well as the local supply chain. We are very glad that we can now intensify this cooperation and look forward to working with them to expand our business in Korea.”
Albert van der Hem, Roeland Steenhuis, Mike Cholmin An and Charlie Cheolwoo An during the online signing
A few of BLIX projects globally:
- Northland Power, Yushan Energy, Mitsui | concession tender support & development Hai Long project Taiwan – 1044 MW
- NEA (RVO), The Netherlands | Contract and project management for the collection of site data for offshore wind areas Borssele, Hollandse Kust (zuid, noord and west) and IJmuiden Ver
- Eolfi, France | contract and tender management floating offshore wind – 28.5 MW
- ADEME, France | market study offshore (floating) wind supply chain
- Nyserda, New York, USA | site investigation study offshore wind energy – 180 MW
- Elia, Belgium | asset management strategy for “Modular Offshore Grid” at sea
- DOB Academy (Nagasaki Ocean Academy), Japan | offshore wind development course
- Storm, Belgium | technical, financial, and contractual support at 14 wind farms
- Northland Power, Neart na Goithe, Scotland | support concession tender – 524 MW
- NERO, Romania | mandated to acquire seed capital and equity, plus support to the wind turbine tender – 1000 MW